Machine Operators, under moderate supervision, operates machines, assembles components, and performs in-process inspections and packages products. The position is also is responsible for ensuring that the sites QEMS is being implemented and followed properly.
- Operates and monitor machines used in the plastic injection molding process.
- Feeds raw materials into machines to which assigned.
- Assembles components as required.
- Packages product for machines to which assigned.
- Performs in-process inspections of finished products to ensure satisfactory quality.
- Sorts and qualifies products as required.
- Alerts supervisory personnel to any production related issues.
- Maintains and follows records for production and times.
- Maintains high quality standards as required.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area.
- Performs such similar, comparable or related duties as may be required.
Working level knowledge of the injection molding process in the plastics industry including machine operation is required.
Not mandatory, however prior experience operating production machines is desirable.
Manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude. Attention to details; good organizational skills and good written and oral communication skills are required. Drive and commitment to the success of the organization are expected.
Plant environment. Shift hours (A, B and C). Occasional overtime may be required.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
forteq North America is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.