This position must effectively communicate with suppliers and forteq Operations personnel to assure on time delivery of materials used in production. The position is also responsible for ensuring that the sites QEMS is being implemented and managed properly.
Within the limits of authorized company policies, procedures, programs and budgets, is responsible for the duties set forth below:
- Ensures timely and accurate procurement and delivery of purchased raw materials from international and domestic sources to prevent shortages to our customers.
Actively manage inventory levels to optimize net working capital.
- Responsible for accuracy of material and supplier data in ERP system.
- Pursue raw material cost reductions.
- Coordinate with forteq Group SCM on global raw material purchases.
- Liaison between suppliers and forteq Quality Department on quality concerns with purchased raw materials.
- Measure vendor performance and recommend corrective action to Management when applicable.
- Provide quotations in support of Sales and Engineering RFP’s including analysis to provide total cost of ownership on new materials.
- Performs such similar, comparable or related duties as may be required.
- Supplier management experience required.
- Negotiation and quote analysis experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of programs required.
- ERP experience; Oracle or SAP preferred.
- Sourcing experience in Plastics and Automotive preferred.
A strong working knowledge of material planning and quoting. Experience with Automotive requirements and Plastics industry experience is preferred.
2 + years performing sourcing and quoting using ERP systems to relay requirements to suppliers.
Attention to detail, self-starter, sense of urgency and motivated hands-on person. Ability to deal with people at all organizational levels. Good administrative, organization and planning skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
Plant, office and warehouse environments.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
forteq North America is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.