This position plans, organizes, directs and controls the logistics functions of the company, including customer service, product planning, production scheduling and purchasing, and supports shipping and warehouse functions. The position is also is responsible for ensuring that the sites QEMS is being implemented and managed properly.
- Manages logistics of operations daily, including planning and prioritization of production orders and resources.
- Manages the Customer Service and Warehouse functions.
- Assists with the purchasing of materials needed per production/customer needs.
- Maintains and monitors inventory levels of raw materials and finished products in order to ensure the timely delivery of finished goods in accordance with customer specifications and maximizing net working capital.
- Provides customer service functions, including responding to inquiries and disseminating information regarding order status, potential and real delays, delivery times, etc.
- Maintains ERP system regarding logistics data, release schedules and sales orders (IQMS).
- Monitors delivery performance, i.e. "turnover" per accounting period.
- Deals with customs brokers regarding shipments and customs activities.
- Manages and maintains NAFTA requirements and certifications.
- Performs such similar, comparable related duties as may be required.
A working level of knowledge of logistics fundamentals, procedures and practices in production and purchasing and in the use of personal computers and applicable software.
Five years performing, customer service, planning and purchasing duties in the injection molding industry - automotive, including exposure to quality management activities are required.
Attention to detail, ability to deal with people at all organizational levels, good administrative, organization, planning and excellent oral and written communication skills, and an aptitude for directing and motivating people are required.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed
forteq North America is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.