The Machine Set-up Technician, under moderate supervision, sets up, adjusts and maintains injection-molding machines. The position is also is responsible for ensuring that the sites QEMS is being implemented and managed properly.
- Sets up injection molding machines in anticipation of molding process.
- Starts up machines and subjects parts to visual inspections and approval by Quality Inspector.
- Responsible for line clearance of resin, inserts, packaging, special tools and gages and paper instructions of the previous product and ensures the product being setup is properly staged for.
- Executes mold cleaning in accordance with the cleaning schedule and as needed.
- Elevates and analyses issues that cause setups to take longer then required.
- Restarts stopped machines and makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Maintains and performs routine repairs to production machinery as appropriate and needed.
- Performs preventative maintenance on production machinery in accordance with established schedules as needed.
- Provides instruction to the Operators for the production orders.
- Maintains high quality standards per TS 16949 and ISO14001 requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean and clutter free work area.
- Acts as backup for Shift Supervisor as needed.
- Performs such similar, comparable or related duties as may be required.
A working knowledge of the injection molding process in the plastics industry including machine set-up, operation, maintenance and repair is required.
A minimum of three years performing injection molding machine operations, adjustments and minor maintenance in the plastics processing industry, and use of personal computers and related software are required.
Mechanical aptitude; Attention to details and good analytical, organizational and planning skills are required.
Plant environment. Shift hours. Pushing, pulling and lifting up to 55 lbs.; exposure to noise levels up to 85 decibels; Some exposure to lubricants and machine cleaning solvents.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
forteq North America is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.