This position plans, organizes, directs and controls the total quality management function of the company, including ensuring the development, implementation and maintenance of all quality systems (QEMS); the necessary techniques, methods and procedures; creation of quality plans;
performance of internal audits; managing customer complaints; managing customer audits and certifications; managing customer satisfaction; managing the quality department.
- Day to day management of Quality department personnel including Quality Engineers, Quality Technicians, Metrologists and Inspectors.
- Manages quality daily, including managing and supporting the training and assignment of personnel on all aspects within the quality system.
- Organizes quality assurance operations to achieve stated objections; periodically reviews the function’s effectiveness and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Coordinates the activities of the quality functin with other company activities, as necessary.
- Provides for, and may participate in internal and external training programs for company personnel on quality initiatives, inspection and testing, standards and specifications, etc.
- Develops quality programs to ensure the quality of finished products, which meet customer quality stands and specifications.
- Ensures the continual improvement of the quality management system by implementing appropriate tools and initiatives such as kaizen, six sigma, etc.
- Ensures that the QMS meets requirements for documented information including documents company policies, procedures, practices and record keeping.
- Utilizes IQMS (ERP) system as appropriate.
- Manages all aspects of supplier quality including selection, monitoring, and inspection, tracking and reporting of supplier performance. Initiates supplier improvement initiatives as required.
- Provides training in, and manages the implementation of statistical process control (SPC), establishment of work instruction and product acceptability standards and the evaluation of employee improvement skills.
- Implements and controls the Gauge Calibrations system ensuring inspection and test equipment is calibrated properly and on time.
- Monitors customer problems and manages the coordination necessary for corrective actions and root-cause solutions through the use of quality problem solving techniques.
- Ensures that customer portals, databases, etc. are updated properly meeting required goals for data quality and delivery.
- Works with customer’s quality management functions to negotiate specifications and other quality issues in order to clarify product requirements; supplies guidance and training to other departments to assist in the development of products that meet requirements when daily operations needs assistance in these matters.
- Participates in and provides input and guidance to contract, design, process and other reviews.
- Manages the proper reporting of quality inspection work and time data.
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments in total quality management through reading, attendance at seminars, etc.
- Prepares for leads, manages, tracks, responds to and acts as liaison for Third Party, Customer, Internal and other external audits.
- Acts as the facilities PRODUCT SAFETY CONFORMANCE REPRESENTATIVE. Ensuring the safety of products produced per forteq, customer, IATF and VDA requirements and guidelines.
- Acts the liaison and leader for the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System. Ensuring the implementation and improvement of the system.
- B.S. in quality science or engineering/technical field required
- Working knowledge of quality system standards, ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 and ISO 14001
- Knowledge of injection molding processes
- Five years performing quality engineering duties in a quality management manufacturing environment; preferably experience in the plastics industry within an automotive environment and supervisory experience are required.
- A demonstrated ability to work with ISO 9000/16949/14001 quality and environmental systems is required.
- Attention to detail; ability to deal with people at all organizational levels within and outside forteq; good administrative, analytical, mathematical, interpersonal, organizational,
planning, problem solving and oral and written communication skills; and demonstrated ability in directing and training people are required. Recognizes the benefits to the QEMS of improved personal performance as well their department personnel’s performance.
- Office and environments. Normal color vision, safety glasses and ear protectors are required.
- Interstate and some international travel involving customer contact are involved.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
forteq North America is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.