This position is responsible for making sure that engineering and manufacturing processes are correctly using the right tools, materials and processes. An important part of the job involves designing the quality standards and testing processes against those criteria.
Ensures all quality related processes are robust and completed for new and existing products including programming CMM, setting up control plans assisting in the PPAP and APQP processes and documentation, and monitors and evaluates processes.
- Establishes adequate measuring/control plans that will detect potential failures and assist in exceeding customer requirements.
- Maintains calibration on measurement equipment
- Prepares reports describing studies, testing and other quality related duties as may be required.
- Performs and documents layouts and other dimensional reports per customer requirements.
- Responds to the Process Engineer regarding compliance with the timing of the measurement and testing activities in the validation or modification phase of the production process.
- Responds to customer concerns regarding product quality, audits or related inquiries.
- Performs the verification activities of the product's adequacy to customer requirements during the validation or modification phase of the production process; one prepares new product measurement/testing programs.
- Manages and stores the documentation of its competence in an orderly manner.
- Perform internal audits according VDA 6.3 Standard.
- Perform RFMEA and define improvement actions.
- Perform internal assessments according AIAG-CQI 23.
- Assist in identifying continuous improvement programs to ensure the improvement of total quality management system.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate engineering field.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes and concepts
- Thorough knowledge of plastic injection molding.
- 5+ years related experience (automotive manufacturing is preferred but not required).
- 5+ year's proven experience in: Metrology dutie4s in a Plastic Injection Molding environment including the use of precision measuring instruments such as CMM, optical comparators, high stands, coordinate measuring machines, micrometers, calipers and dial indicators; Quality Systems (ISO 9001/IATF 16949); deep statistic knowledge; Quality Methods (FMEA/SPC/PPAP/MSA/APQP) - CPK/CP removed part of CPC
- Experience with assembling/post molding activities
- Deep knowledge problem solving techniques
- Measuring & Test Equipment
- Manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude
- Must have attention to detail to ensure that products are being manufactured, installed or are operating to the required specifications
- Analysis/Critical thing and Problem-solving skills
- Inspection techniques and technology
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
forteq North America is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.