The Process Engineer, under minimal supervision, develops, designs, and implements, as approved, the manufacturing process for new and improved tooling. The position is also is responsible for ensuring that the sites QEMS is being implemented and managed properly.
- Develop, and recommend for approval, manufacturing process for new and improved tooling.
Work with machine and material vendors in choosing equipment, subject to approval by the Engineering and Operations Manager.
- Sets-up the line for manufacturing process.
- Develops, implements and maintains work methods and workplace areas emphasizing cleanliness, safety and efficiency.
- Trains Shift Supervisors on new projects to ensure a solid hand over.
- Monitors manufacturing performance data weekly and makes changes, accordingly.
- Sets-up tooling and peripheral equipment.
- Assist and drives continuous improvement initiatives on current processes and products.
- Coordinates with other departments’ personnel, as required, establishing staffing needs, etc.
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments in process engineering and the plastic injection molding industry.
- Performs such similar, comparable or related duties, as may be required.
College level knowledge of the set-up, operation and processing of plastic products, typically acquired through the attainment of an Associates Degree in (Plastics) Engineering; and a working level knowledge of plastic processing and in the use of a personal computer and related software are required.
Three years performing duties in the set-up of plastic tooling and processing lines are required.
Attention to details, especially with regard to production efficiency; and analytical, innovative, mathematical, organizational, planning and oral and written communications skills are required.
Manufacturing, office and occasional customer environments. Overtime and minimal travel are required.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
forteq North America is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.