Under minimal supervision develops inspection methods for new products and provides technical expertise in blueprint interpretation, gaging and measurement standards and methods.
- Writes new programs in PC-DMIS for 100% layouts, capability studies, GR&R, Startup / In-process inspections, etc.
- Develops fixturing and gaging concepts based on product design and other factors.
- Participates in project feasibility studies regarding measurement systems and blue print interpretations, etc.
- Layout parts using CMM, vision system, optical comparator, hand tools, open plate, etc.
- Creates inspection reports and templates in Excel.
- Balloons prints in PDF format with Bluebeam PDF Revu.
- Conducts 1st Piece Startup Inspections per Dimensional Control Plans (DCP) on the CMM when necessary.
- Compiles data using QC-Calc SPC software and perform data analysis with Minitab.
- Interprets customer prints and various other measurement and gaging standards.
- Maintains high quality standards.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area.
- Performs such similar, comparable or related duties as may be required.
3-5 years of extensive knowledge of GD&T, CMM operation and programming methods, Minitab and Microsoft Excel is required. Working level knowledge of the injection molding process in the plastics industry is desired. Basic knowledge of standards such as IATF-16949, ISO 9001, PPAP, etc. Calibration experience a plus.
Attention to detail and good organizational skill. Proficiency with MS Office products required.
Plant/office environment. Must be flexible with overtime needs as required.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
forteq North America is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.