The Manufacturing/Automation Engineer, under minimal supervision, develops, designs, and implements, as approved, the manufacturing process for new and improved products. The position is also is responsible for ensuring that the site’s QMS is being implemented and managed properly.
- Develop, and recommend for approval, post molding and automation manufacturing process for new and improved tooling/programs. Quotes such programs using approved sources internal and external to forteq.
- Maintain a database of approved automation, error proofing and post molding providers.
- Sets-up the line for manufacturing process, document and transfers the technical and process know how to manufacturing and support functions.
- Develops implements and maintains work methods and workplace areas emphasizing lean thinking, cleanliness, safety and efficiency.
- Monitors manufacturing performance data weekly and makes changes, accordingly.
- Sets-up tooling and peripheral equipment as needed (especially during Phase Four and Five of the APQP process.
- Assist and drives continuous improvement initiatives on current processes and products.
- Coordinates with other departments’ personnel, as required, establishing staffing needs, etc.
- Assists, as a subject matter expert, to facilitate both corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments in automation and lean manufacturing engineering, especially within and as pertains to the plastic injection molding industry.
- Performs such similar, comparable or related duties, as may be required.
A complete working understanding of automation, ideally related to robotics, plastic part joining, and deflashing. A full and complete understanding of tooling is desirable. Problem solving expertise is a must. A working knowledge of injection molding process monitoring is desirable.
Three years performing duties in similar manufacturing settings is required.
Attention to details, especially with regard to production efficiency; and analytical, innovative, mathematical, organizational, planning and oral and written communications skills are required.
Manufacturing, office and occasional customer environments. Flexible working hours are sometimes needed based on project priorities. Some/minimal travel is required.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
forteq North America is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.