The Maintenance Technician, under minimal supervision, performs maintenance for the production site and equipment. The position is also is responsible for ensuring that the sites QEMS is maintained by performing inspections of various non-hazardous wastes.
- Perform preventive maintenance on molding, assembly & automation machinery.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with injection mold presses and peripheral equipment.
- Perform inspection of injection molding machinery to assure proper and efficient operation as part of regular scheduled preventative maintenance. Primarily to include screw and barrel cleaning, measurement and inspection documentation.
- Maintain and review machinery maintenance logs and IQMS work orders.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Inspect equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
- Assist with troubleshooting, repairs and installation of systems to include: Material handling, machinery, plumbing systems, and electrical systems.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities.
- Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations.
- Performs inspections of non-hazardous wastes and emergency equipment.
- Performs such similar, comparable related duties as may be required.
A good working knowledge of the injection molding process, and maintenance of injection molding machines is required. Automation, electrical, mechanical experience is preferred.
Experience with electrical wiring, reading drawing schematics, fluid hydraulics, and air pneumatics preferable.
Manual dexterity, mechanical and electrical aptitude. Attentions to detail and good organizational skills are required.
Manufacturing environment. Shift hours. Overtime is required.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
forteq North America is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.